Tuesday 9 May 2017

Double page draft

 The codes and conventions

The heading used for my double page is the colour brown. The colour brown implies an unconventional convention. The colour brown I think doesn't suit the Hip-Hop genre which I need to improve and develop and research the main colours that is used for a Hip-Hop music magazine.

The subheading I used, used the colour black which I think is a suitable colour to use with a white background . This is conventional because the sub heading that I used is clear , easy to read for the audience. In addition, this is an advantage for the audience to have a summary before reading the text below. This is also a feature that is conventional because a lot of real media magazine have that, which is easier to know what the audience is ready to read below.


The text below is a interview which I had a choice of a interview or a article I chose a interview. I decided to choose a interview because for a music magazine a interview will be more realistic and engaging. My interview contains a conversation between the interviewer and the music artist which is my model.  The purpose of choosing a interview is, it conveys more information about the music artist which is an advantage for the audience to read and have more information about the music artist. This makes the double page conventional because it includes conventions that targets my audience.

The drop cap 'W', this is used for a lot of music magazines. This suggests of where the reader should start from reading from. The 'W' is the same colour to the body text, this suggests that they are both the same. It is conventional to have a drop cap to help the reader to know where to start reading from.

 Improvements

There are improvement that I need to consider such as changing the colour of heading. For example I may consider of using the colour red or purple that then will suit a Hip-Hop genre. Also I will need to add a image that represents my model. This can be over the second half of the page. By having a image of my model, it will then make it conventional and an image representing my model.
Moreover, I will want to add colour to my double page background. The colour I may use is either blue or red. By having a continuous colour, colour scheme it will draw the attention from the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hand-Drawn design

 These are the images of my hand-drawn design. I think my hand-drawn follows the codes and conventions. Firstly, for each person I d...