Tuesday 9 May 2017

Pree production paper work

MES and Prop 
CINEMATOGRAPHY:
       The cinematography I plan to use in my music magazine consists of the following:
       1. Close up may be used for my contents page. I think this because the contents page will be taken serious from the other pages. This means a clear close up will be used to see an explicit image of the music artist.
       2. Long shot will be used for my magazine cover. I think this because for the magazine cover it will be suitable to use an image, which has a full image of the music artist. In addition, this is conventional to the Hip-Hop music genre because it conveys a Hip-Hop style; my model would have a straight face, which will suggest seriousness of my model that links to the Hip-Hop genre.
       3. Medium shot will be used for my double page spread. This suggests that the audience that will be reading my interview will be having a clear image of the artist next to it. This will be conventional, for the audience to have an image of the artist next to the text.

COSTUME, HAIR AND MAKE UP:
       The costume, hair and make-up I plan to use in my music magazine consist of the following:
       1. For my other image, the costume will be ripped black t-shirts and ripped black jeans. The t-shirt will be short sleeve and the ripped black jeans will be long, to the models ankle. This suggests a typical Hip-Hop look and style, which will make it obvious for the audience that my music genre is Hip-Hop.
       2. For my first image, the costume will be a denim jacket and a soft make-up. The denim jacket will be a light blue colour and a friend will do the make-up. I have chosen this; it suggests a music-based theme. In addition, this is conventional to the Hip-Hop music genre because it suggests a Hip-Hop sub-genre concept.
       3. For my other image, the costume will be white plain top and plain black jeans. These costumes will suggest a different expression of Hip-Hop music artist.

BODY LANGUAGE AND FACIAL EXPRESSIONS:
       The body language and facial expressions I plan to use in my music magazine consist of the following:
       1. For my first image, the body language will be the model standing half straight while their facial expression will be straight. I have chosen this because I would want my model to be taken serious, which I think Hip-Hop music genre is a most loved music genre. This is conventional to the Hip-Hop music genre because I think it is acceptable within the music genre I have chosen.
       2.  For the second image, the body language will standing straight while the facial expression might be her looking away. I have chosen this because it will give my model a different original view from the audience. This is conventional within my chosen music genre, by giving it a professional opinion.
       3. For my other image, the body image will be straight up, looking directly to the camera, as my models facial expression again being serious. I have chosen this because it will support my model to continue to draw the audience of how the music magazine suggests the Hip-Hop genre.

SETTING:
       The settings I plan to use in my music magazine consist of the following:
       1. The first setting will be in a busy place. I have chosen this setting because I would like to convey my model being within public and highlight my artist being around them. This will be conventional to Hip-Hop genre by the audience reading the artist music journey, the setting will be an advantage for the reader to the connection between the artist and the audience.
       2. The second setting will be in a quiet place, an example is an ordinary street. I have chosen this because I would like the audience to see the place my artist grew up in and how she developed and how she became famous. This links to my Hip-Hop music genre, how the images are taken from a street represent loud, Hip-Hop music.

I did not think it was needed to use Iconography because the use of costume and make-up was perfectly suitable which I think iconography will not be suitable for my music magazine.
LIGHTING:
       The lighting I plan to use in my music magazine consists of the following:
       1. Image one’s lighting will be high key lighting to reveal the artists natural face. I have chosen this use of high key lighting to attract male audience, which females were my target audience. This is conventional, high key lighting use within the images conveys that they are absolute attention of the reader.
       2. Image two’s lighting will be low key lighting to suggest the artist purpose of Hip-Hop genre. This suggests that my artist will be presented with dark lighting to add suspicion to Hip-Hop music genre.

I also do not think it was necessary to use any props, this is because I think I already conveyed the connotation within costume, setting, lighting and body language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hand-Drawn design

 These are the images of my hand-drawn design. I think my hand-drawn follows the codes and conventions. Firstly, for each person I d...