Tuesday 9 May 2017

Magazine cover draft

                                   The codes and conventions 


For the maths head I used the colour red, this is because I wanted to have a colour scheme, House style of the colour red that will be used on every page. I have chose this because I thought the colour red will be suitable for a Hip-Hop music genre. This is conventional because it gives a hint to the reader of what music genre I have chosen. 
For the main headlines, I have three cover lines which suggest the information that will be included in my music magazine. The colours that I've used for my cover line is white and red. I have used the colour red for most of my draft because personally I think red suits Hip-Hop more than any colour. Through my research this was supported so I used red. On this page, the colour red has dominated the page which I think it is conventional. This is because the colour red looks pretty with my model and looks better for my magazine cover.

Also, the bar code also makes my magazine page conventional by suggesting that my magazine is a real product. Also this makes the editor (me) see how my magazine may be with a bar code. By my bar code being at the front of my magazine cover it is easier for the audience that will be buying my magazine to see where it is. I have challenged this convention by having my bar code at the front. Through my research I have found out that many of the music magazines have there bar codes at the back, its last page.

Improvements

There are improvements that I need to consider for my magazine cover , there are the lack of cover lines I have. This means, the target audience I chose (15-20) are ages that will be enthusiastic about music information. For my final product I will need to include additional,engaging information to draw my target audiences attention.

Also, for the skyline I may also use a different font which will then make it conventional and suit a Hip-Hop genre. For example using a different font may hint the Hip-Hop genre to the audience by just reading the skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hand-Drawn design

 These are the images of my hand-drawn design. I think my hand-drawn follows the codes and conventions. Firstly, for each person I d...